Thursday, January 30, 2014

Change

If I ruled the world it would be significantly more fantastic, but unfortunately, I don’t.  Well, maybe not so unfortunate.  That would be a huge responsibility, and wouldn’t leave me much time for training, and spending time with my family, which would probably turn me into a miserable dictator, but I digress.

But I noticed the other day that even a small drop in a bucket makes a splash that is just a little bigger.  When I make a change for the better, so does everything around me.  I’ve wondered if it’s just my perception, but something like a clean house is measurable.

So here is my thought for the week:  The only thing you can always change is you.  We get into trouble when we try to change other people, the weather (yes, I’ve tried, but that’s another story), or circumstances, like traffic.  You can change your behavior, you can change your focus, and you can change your outlook.  Gandhi is this: “If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” And as usual I agree with him.

Complaining is easy, change is hard.  Choose to make the changes that will make your life better, and you will make the world a better place.  Which is what we would do if we ruled the world anyway, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment